Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Getting back from KL-The Big Birthday Bash...

Okay, I just got back from KL two nights ago. And going there has been a great experience. The birthday bash was a very lovely and refreshing experience. I've never been to such a party before. Some are similar no doubt, but meeting a few people who are dubbed as 'celebrities' is a nice change from what we are all used to. Okay, I'll be honest and say that the whole meeting-the-rich-and-famous-thing wasn't as exciting or as thrilling as you might imagine. I think it was because these 'celebrities' aren't the people I'm particularly a fan of.

Hmmm...Let's see, who do I really wanna meet more than anyone else in the world? Let's make a list shall we?

1. Johnny Depp- his wonderful and outstanding performance as Capt. Jack Sparrow got me hooked on him instantly.



2. James Marsden-He's cute and gorgeous...What more do I have to say?


3. The Prophet Muhammad- Well, yes, I know he's deceased but he would be the man I would truly LOVE to meet. He comes in third only because I know I can't meet him. Well, at least, not while I'm still alive.

4. Uchiha Itachi-Oh, it'll be truly exciting to discover all the secrets this bastard keeps in his dark closet. Very exciting indeed.



5. VC Andrews-She's a brilliant author, don't you think?

6. Nicholas Sparks-A male romantic. And an author who writes books that move me to tears. What more do you want to make it plain that I adore this guy?

7. My future husband-Hey, what girl doesn't wanna meet her future spouse? I rest my case.

8. My future children-Same thing I said at future husband.

9. William Shakespeare-Another male romantic and an old one at that. (a dead one as well).

10. Various manga artists-Makers of Naruto, Rurouni Kenshin, Death Note, RAVE, Dragon Ball, etc, etc, etc.

Alright, having said that I'll tell you who were the people I got to meet at the said birthday party. There was this guy from the Raja Lawak show. A show, fortunately, that I do not watch. I didn't know who the fellow was at all, not until someone mentioned it to me and even then I did not jump up and down in giddy excitement. I'll say this though, he was very interesting to watch and I thought he was quite amusing as well. His silly and over-dramatic acts were clearly an attempt to get all the kids present that day into a happy and cheery mood and guess what? It worked. I immediately began to think fondly of him afterwards and thought "Hey, he was pretty nice to the kids."

There were several others who were considered as well known people but I didn't bothered about them so much as all they did was strut around, nibbled their food slowly and bid my cousins good bye. These set of people didn't interest me at all and I couldn't have cared less about who the hell they were. One of them were from one of the Akedemi Fantasia seasons...

The party unfolded itself nicely. When I first arrived I was filled with a sense of anticipation and excitement. But those feelings vaporised into the air when I kept glancing over at a table of extremely rich kids laughing and screeching their heads off at the clown as he tried to make a poodle balloon. The rich kids were, unfortunately, my cousin, Athirah's friends. I'll be honest and say I was slightly intimidated with this group of aristocracy but at the back of my mind I kept telling myself that I didn't ever need to feel like that in front of these spoiled brats. I am perfectly happy with my life right now and couldn't give a damn about being chauffeur driven or getting my nails done at some expensive nail spa or getting my hands on the latest Chanel handbag. With that in mind, I tried my best to ignore the table of rich kids and concentrated on feeling excited and happy again.

Things got better when the food was served. The food wasn't great. What they had that day was a large container of nasi goreng, another large container of bi hun goreng, a couple of trays of egg sandwiches and sardine sandwiches (quite nice), a small tray of custard éclairs (this was pretty good) and a tray of prettily decorated cupcakes; all small and perfect, covered smoothly with a a layer of pink, green and blue icing with edible silver balls on top. I ate my fair share of the food. I wasn't a glutton but I knew that just by popping in 3 custard éclairs into my mouth, I could kiss my diet good bye and watch it sail out the window.

All the little kiddies, friends of my much younger cousins (Ziyad-8 yrs old and Hannah-6 yrs old) were dancing and jumping about in a mad way on the tiny stage. Some were going all out in their dancing. I remember this cute kid who kept shuffling and every once in a while, would get on his arms and flip his body upwards in a super cool way like the way you see break dancers do. He was quite the show-off but he was highly entertaining and fun to watch. My parents and I laughed like crazy when he started to wriggle his body gracefully when a dangdut song came on.

A couple of times throught the party, I went down stairs to keep company with my grandmother who couldn't afford to walk up the long flight of stairs as she has very chronic athsma. During such times, I missed the part when the clown made the rich boy brats dance and air guitar on stage. I would have loved to watch that. Air guitaring is really funny and personally, I think it takes great skill to pull off a good air guitar solo...Ha ha!

Oh, I even got a beautiful body paint tattoo on my hand. It was baby blue and it was an illustration of lovely delicate flowers all intertwined with each other by a trail and swirl of vines and leaves. I took a picture of it with our camera. My sisters had their hands painted on too and we all got very feminine-like pictures on ourselves. My younger sister had pink roses painted on her and my youngest sis had a butterfly on the back of her hand.

I was really looking forward to the part where the cakes would arrive and we'd be able to cut it and eat the glorious thing. My Mak Su had ordered 4 different types of cakes. The first two had the same flavor and icing but the dressing was completely different. My cousin Ziyad had his cake in the form of Transformers logo all decked up in a masive mix of bright yellow, red and black. Hannah had hers in baby blue, pink and other colors needed to form a picture of a Bratz doll, strutting her stuff in a model-like way on the pink and blue cake. My baby cousin, who is now a 1 year old, had large cupcakes all designed as The Sesame Street characters. There was Big Bird and the Cookie Monster and the red Elmo. I think I still remember my baby cousin's expression when my Mak Su brought out the cupcakes from its box one by one and arranged it on the table. I think he had a look of utter joy and he waved his arms in the cute baby way all babies do when they get excited about something. He even had a grin on his face. Well, baby Farhad looked just oh, so adorable to me. I could have just grabbed him and eat him up instead but the little ball of fluff was just being cranky to all of those he sees as strangers.

Now, this is the part where I turn myself into the pig that I am and gobbled down the pieces of cakes I took. The best was my cousin Athirah's birthday cake! She had a cute round chocolate fudge cake covered in a layer of melted chocolate and a couple of light edible pink roses on top of it. This was the part where I stop so all of you don't get grossed out by the way I eat. Just kidding. I don't think I was being that grotesque... At least, I hope not...Gulps!

I got to sing on stage when we had our karaoke session. I sang Dancing Queen by ABBA and even I Want It That Way by Backstreet Boys with my sisters. It was really fun and I even did a little head twitch here and there throughout the songs. Mama made a video out of it with our digital camera and I thought I didn't sound too bad although I wasn't exactly that great either.

Anyway, by the time we were singing, most of the guests had gone back home already. And Athirah's famous chocolate fudge cake had disappeared into all our bellies. I could see my Mak Su grabbing the huge load of presents and stuffing the whole lot into humongous baskets. She loaded them up in her husband's car; Uncle Jaai. But when we were heading out , we luckily bumped into the Mas Aji from the popular Indonesian series; Nabila. He was fairly nice and friendly with my cousins and aunt. He even asked my Mak Su "Wow! Anak semua dilahirkan pada bulan April! Scizerian ke?" to which my Mak Su cried an anguished "Eh! Tak lah! Anugerah Tuhan!"

I got to take a photo with him. Unfortunately, thanks to our session of stuffing ourselves with the mountain of junk food, not all of us could fit into my Uncle Jaai's poor car so we had to take trips instead. I hanged around at the Putri Restaurant with my aunty, Athirah and her friend whom I know as Mel. We chatted happily and my Mak Su couldn't help herself and instead gave into the demands of her stomach and ordered nasi goreng kampung and tom yam. I had to refuse that for a gazillion times. I didn't think my bloated stomach could take it any more. I thought I would burst!

About twenty minutes later, my mom arrived with our Proton Wira and all of us lumbered into the car and drove off. After dropping Mel at her apartment, we headed home.

I think I managed to change into a plain and simple kaftan first before I joined my cousins for the big event of unwrapping the presents. My young cousin, Hannah was particularly thrilled that she received a beautiful hot pink glittered make up box. She liked her other presents too, but I couldn't help notice it was that make up box she slowly but surely carried off too into her room that night (she left the others on the floor of the living room where they unwrapped it).

My cousin Ziyad was pleased with his millions of toys and books. He loved our gift of Beyond The Spiderwick Chronicles--the new installment to the Chronicle series.

Baby Farhad Selahuddin was oblivious to our gift--a Baby Gap shirt and some rather expensive pair of trousers with a brand name I can't remember at the moment....Well, what exactly do you expect from a one year old baby who only goes "Da, da, da, da, da....." all the time? He was content with having to chew on a fluffy pillow thingie he got for his birthday though...What an adorable fluffy thing he is....

After the whole thing ended, I headed up the stairs with my sisters and fell asleep contented after performing my nightly prayers.

I can tell you what else we did the next day on Sunday...Well, we went bowling and had a blast too.

Anyway, long story short, now we've arrived home and all I can say is that I'm just ever so happy with way things worked out even though I didn't make it to the outing with my buds....Sigh.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a blast! OMG!!!
Ya know, that was great that you had good times there... Wow...aristocrats, rich kids and so-called-celebrity? What is Athirah up to now? Haha...

Karaoke huh? I think it's time to let you know this - read carefully and install this in your mind -YOU CAN SING, YOU CAN REALLY3x SING JALILAH!!! Million times better than those AF fame-crazed. C'mon girl, your friend Napster here know that just right...I heard you singging since the first day I met you in that I Dinamik! And diets? It's a party! Forget about diets!Hahaha...So happy you enjoyed your time there...big welcome home hug for you :) .....will see you soon.

Oh one more thing, nice new layout, and that's a very strong title for your blog...I like it.

Take care.

Sparrow_Wing said...

Uwaaah! Arigatou, Tiqah-chan! That was really sweet of you! Yea, I guess I can sing but of course I ain't great! Hahahaha! Well, u now my cousin Athirah...She happens to go to a private school known as Sri KDU...It's filled with super dang rich brats and all these people you keep seeing in magazines and advertisements...Her grandpa happens to be Tan Sri Razali who's like a billionaire...Sigh. He was the one who wanted my cuz to go there so much anyway. He offered to pay for the EXPENSIVE fees...:P

My Mak Su's a dj so I guess she tried to get a couple of the celebs she's met with to come over. And they did....