Sunday, December 18, 2011
The Children of The Night.
Stumbling down the street,
I’m lost and completely beat,
Wonder what time it is,
If it’s midnight I may perhaps start to get pissed.
It’s dark outside,
I hear the wolves’ howls,
I sniff the air and smell a stench so foul,
Blood running down my chin,
God, help me for I have sinned.
The night sky is all a glimmer,
The hooting owl a silent killer,
I’m stalking for prey and quickly,
Quietly but surely,
I’m getting closer and closer,
I’m chasing my prey,
Leading it into a run just for play.
I watch my prey run,
I watch it hide,
I can hear its rapid breathing,
I can hear the heart beating,
I can hear the silent screaming,
Oh, this is almost too good to be true,
Almost too sweet to be fooled,
Poor little lamb,
For when midnight approaches,
So does my dinner bell.
My jaws are filled with fury,
It is filled with anger,
It has no place for sympathy,
Nor does it beg for your pity,
It is not strong but powerful,
It is merciless not spiteful,
It will crush you and your bones,
Just waiting for you to be alone.
My claws will crush you as well,
Keeping you imprisoned in a cell,
Trapped between the fingers,
A scent of blood lingers,
Right between my nails,
I can hear the tortured wails.
My face is beauty at its perfection,
My eyes glow with earnest fascination,
My limbs are slender but muscular,
My built wide but still slight,
My skin glows like the moon,
My hair is enough to make you swoon,
Yet unlike you I’m not human.
I’m a demon reborn,
I live for centuries,
Something that keeps my mood forlorn,
Despite my moods I still have that hunger,
I need to satiate it,
I crave for blood,
For the ripping and tearing of limbs,
For the piercing of skin,
Straight through the bones,
My heart is filled with the glee of a hunter,
As I embody carnage itself.
I feel no remorse for those I have killed,
I’m no longer one of them,
My loyalty lies to others of my own kind,
I can love them,
And when I do all I want is to,
Turn them into a demon,
Just as I am,
Just as I always will be,
From the beginning of time,
To the end of centuries.
Posted by Sparrow_Wing at 7:17 PM
Saturday, December 10, 2011
Okay, it has practically been 200 years since I last did a tag but this one sounded sooooo INTERESTING! Plus, it was from my bro so I guess I owe him one! Haha!
As mentioned, it's been a while since I last did a tag on Blogspot so I may or may not get a little fuzzy with the terms and conditions of this tag. Hurm, hope I do it right.
Well, here goes:
TERMS and CONDITIONS:
1. You must post these rules.
2. Each person must post 11 things about themselves in their journal.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post. And create 11 new questions for the people you tagged to answer.
4. You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
5. Got to their page and tell them you have tagged HIM/HER.
6. No tag back!
7. No stuff in the tagging section about "YOU ARE TAGGED IF YOU ARE READING THIS" YOU LEGITIMATELY (a.k.a REALLY, TRUST, WITH ALL HONESTY) have tagged 11 people.
11 Things About Myself.
1. I am a physically weak person. Like seriously, I am weak. I can't run fast and I most certainly can't endure pain. I have fainted multiple times now throughout the span of years that I have gotten my monthlies...One time, I fainted in the dining room and broke the top part of the chair when I fell over. It was like a nightmare for the rest of my family. My littlest sister screamed like a banshee (from what I've heard from another little sister) and my brother said it was like waking up to a horror movie (it was sahur and in bulan puasa so he was still asleep before I crash landed in the middle of the dining room and my sister screamed her head off).
2. I like to read a lot and I have an extremely wild imagination. I seriously love drowning myself in books and reading my way through an entire new universe filled with all sort of fascinating things. My friends don't get me that much cuz' they prefer watching movies than reading but I like doing both. And sometimes a book can trump a movie. Harry Potter films vs Harry Potter novels. No contest. Harry Potter books win HANDS DOWN!!!!
3. Did I mention that I have a wild imagination? Yeah, well, I also like to impersonate people or act out how I imagine people to speak/act in the books I read. Or just plain impersonate people from cartoons and movies or TV shows I watch! Haha! I'm told I'm quite good at it too! I can do Dexter from Dexter's Lab, Jay Baruchel, Britney Spears' singing voice (she's one of my faves), The Cranberries' lead singer's voice (another FAVORITE), etc.
4. I have the hugest crush on Christian Bale ever! He is just soooo good looking. Did you know I fell in love with him when I was 11 and I saw in Shaft? Dude was just so cute, I fell smack! bang! in love with him! And then he had to get into a (nipple-less, thank goodness for that!) black rubber suit and jump from building to building in Batman and look super cool doing it...I fell even more in love! So that's been like, what, 10 years of loving an actor? Wow...That is a long time. Well, single people have to fill up their lonely days somehow, right?
I am too sexy for that ridiculous Batman suit with nipples.
5. I am a lazy procrastinator of a girl and that is not very good. I hate doing household chores as they are so boring and tiresome. Blegh! I also tend to be very bad at taking care of things in general. My laptop is nearly dying (one of the hinges are broken) and my friend once used a very accurate metaphor for it "it is like a man with a broken leg who is still running in the marathon without giving up hope!"
6. I am very close to my family. I have an extremely good relationship with all of them! We get along really great and I can honestly say that my sisters and mom are my best friends. And my dad and bro are my pillars of strength!
7. I am not your typical girl. Despite being physically pathetic, I actually dig stuff that other girls wouldn't like. For instance, I am into all kinds of genres; sci-fi, action, drama, slice of life, romance, rom-coms, etc. I am a terrific movie buff! I especially like gory thrillers and action packed films!
6. I hate tweeny boppers! Hate 'em! That Justin Bieber kid and Selena Gomez and all the rest of them Joe-bros, Demi Lovato, Taylor Swift, Greyson Chance-kiddy-innocent-lame ass-wannabe-tweeny boppers. I just wanna smack them upside the head! Don'tchu wanna smack 'em too?
Death to the tweeny boppers.
I couldn't put Bieber's face in
probably cuz' I didn't want to soil my blog with his ugly mug.
7. I have this deep love for fanfictions. You don't know what're fanfictions? Google is your best friend and it will help you find what you are looking for! I especially love reading about crack pairings like ShikamaruxIno (Naruto), HinataxNeji(Naruto), DracoxGinny (Harry Potter) and more. I guess I like the idea that these characters would have a greater love story to tell than the usual canon pairing.
8. I used to be an anime obsessed freak who memorized all the anime opening songs and ending songs which were in Japanese and actually dreamed of becoming a manga-ka when I grew up! I kept on thinking that one day, I would move to Japan and study Japanese language and get to draw manga all over the place and become insanely famous back home in Malaysia.
9. I bleed every day because I have gingivitis. My mom and bro also have this and our gums are constantly inflamed and ready to bleed. As a result, I have plaque in between my teeth and swelling, bleeding gums that if they do not bleed during the day time, they most certainly will at night when I'm asleep. It makes waking up a very horrid process because not only do I have disgusting breath in the mornings but also a mouthful of blood+saliva! Ugh! Sometimes, I will bleed buckets in class.
My teeth aren't quite that bad...But it does resemble a bit.
10. I have a thing for vampires and werewolves. None of that Twilight bullshit though. I'm talking real, gorgeous, blood-sucking, no reflection, spine-tingling, doomed for eternity, melancholic and angst-y vampire. And as for werewolves, they have got to be the real kind where the person actually transform into a wolf-man hybrid instead of just a giant wolf. A giant wolf is not a werewolf at all. It is just that a giant wolf.
Louis: Dude, is he like, sparkling?
Lestat: That shit is NOT acceptable!
"C'mon, ya princy faggot Jacob! Git at me!"
11. I still haven't had a boyfriend yet and I don't see it happening in the very near future. I just don't know how to be flirty enough and give boys signs that I am interested. I don't really mind though.
1. If you are a fictional character which would you prefer to be, a hero or a villain? Why?
I think I'd be a villain. Probably because I want to be opposite of myself. I mean, I'm usually nice and kind so I guess it would be pretty cool to be bad. I wanna be a sort of anti-hero or something. Wish I could be dead skilled at hand to hand combat and be able to wield a katana skillfully so's I can kick the hero's butt and look good while doing it. Haha.
I've always daydreamed about being an assassin. I wonder what's it like to kill without remorse or regret. To have no ties whatsoever with the outside world. No friends, no family to turn to when things get bad. Just you, your fighting abilities and your gun and sword to get you through all obstacles.
2. What would your powers/abilities be and why?
Hmmm. I've always had this fascination with the power to regenerate and manipulate time. I mean not to heal but just be able to "restore" things back to the way it was. That means, you can make wounds return to the state they were before, erase scars and metal fillings, etc. Also, you'd be able to revive people who have died and make people age rapidly and vice versa. Pretty sick actually.
3. What would your moniker/nickname be?
4. Where would your secret hideout be?
Probably somewhere in a mansion up on a hill. Hiding in plain sight, geddit? ;)
5. What is your Facebook or E-mail password?
Oh-ho! Wouldn't you like to know?
6. If you could stay in another country, where would it be? Why?
The UK! I don't really favor the US at the moment and I think it'd be cool to tour the UK. I'd get to visit London, Ireland and Scotland. There's this place called Loch Lamond where they filmed the movie The Eagle that I think is really pretty.
Also, I guess it's cause I'm crushing on British celebs mostly like Christian Bale, Damon Albarn, Jamie Bell, etc. Hee hee.
7. On a bright sunny day, do you prefer to stay at home or go out? Why?
Stay at home. Cuz' I'm not an outdoors-y person.
8. How would you define marriage?
Is a promise to be true to one another until death. It is a lifelong commitment and the most sacred and beautiful thing that two people could ever promise themselves to one another. It is a give and take process in which there is no room to be selfish. It is to put others (wife/husband or children) before yourself.
9. What do you think will make you happy and content with your life?
My faith in Allah SWT. My family. My friends. My love.
10. During times of stress, what do you do to calm yourself?
Talk to my family or friends. Pray. Listen to music, read a book, watch a movie.
11. Would you be willing to treat me to dinner sometime in the future?
Once I'm working, hell yeah!
To those who get tagged, my 11 questions are:
1. Five things you like best about your face.
2. What do you plan to do in the near future?
3. Given a choice between a werewolf, a vampire, a wizard, a ninja or a mutant; which one would you choose? Pick ONLY one! Why?
4. Name one thing you hate the most about your life right now and say why.
5. Have you ever wished you could erase a memory or a person in your life? Why?
6. Have you ever wished that other dimensions existed in this world?
7. What scares you the most?
8. Would you be insulted if someone voiced out their opinion that contradicted with your own?
9. Are you a self-opinionated person?
10. What kind of people annoy you the most?
11. Which do you prefer; ice cream or cake?
Please, to those who I have tagged, you guys don't have to do this tag if you don't want to. You don't have to answer my question if you don't want to too! I know tags can be troublesome but I do think they're quite fun. I will not be the least be offended if no one wants to do this tag though. :)
People I am tagging:
Rahayu a.k.a Maverick no Knight
Effie a.k.a Nurul Afifah
Posted by Sparrow_Wing at 7:01 AM
Thursday, October 13, 2011
I was born in 1990. That makes me 21 this year. It's probably safe to say that I barely knew bands or singers that were famous in the early 90s. I was just a baby back then so I could barely comprehend what music was let alone the music scene. Unfortunately for me, I missed out on some really great bands way back in the early nineties. I was instead introduced to popular pop culture stuff like N*Sync, Britney Spears and the Spice Girls. Not that there's anything wrong with them. They're not that bad...Well, in terms of musicality I supposed they kind of did suck but at 8 how was I to know any better, right? I listened to them and loved them like the child I was. And boy did we have so many boy bands and girl bands during that time! There was Boy Zone, 911, N*Sync, Backstreet Boys, Girl Thing and so many more...I couldn't comprehend rock music when it did came on the TV. And the videos that did came out on TV were all of the rock and roll era where bands like Guns N Roses, Bon Jovi, Led Zepelin, etc reigned supreme. Their loud shrieks and constant yelling were too loud and noisy for my child-like palate. I wanted soft sweet music about love (even though I was so very young and couldn't really understand what N*Sync meant when they were singing about how they drive themselves crazy thinking of you) and pop-ish dance-to songs like 'Backstreet's Back', 'Survivor', 'Bye Bye Bye', and more.
N*Sync. Popular boy band that was like so hot way back when.
Spice Girls. I'll have to kick someone if they don't know who this group of pussies are!
They may be thick and mainstream but they did have some very good songs...Just dunno if they wrote it themselves.
Ah, 911...Is it just me, or does the one in the middle remind you of Michael J. Fox?
Ahh, the young innocent mind of a 5 year old fangirl. I was one of them...But now as I have grown older and explored many more musical genres I felt the need to venture out into something completely new. I am constantly on the lookout for new music and new artists. One fateful day (it was probably around 4am in the morning), I was looking at videos of this androgynous model named Andre Pejic as I have this soft spot for beautiful female-looking male youths and I wanted to hear what this girly boy sounded like. As I watched the videos, I couldn't help but catch the music playing in the background of one particular video. I tried to listen closely just so I could try to make out the lyrics and search the lyrics on the internet so I could download the song myself. I did just that and I found out it was by this British band Blur and the song was Girls and Boys. I was thrilled to have found the song and immediately went on Youtube to listen to it. I fell in love on the spot, downloading the song in a matter of seconds after the video finished. At the same time, I could not help but notice how pretty the frontman was. My heart felt a little flutter as the longer I stared at him, the more he felt delicious to me...Well, that was all it took for me to go on a mad rampage to look for other Blur videos. The second song I heard was The Universal and I didn't think much of it cause I prefer underrated pop music (none of that Gaga, Bieber crap although I still do listen to some mainstream music). But Damon Albarn (the aforementioned gorgeous piece of British eye candy) was just so adorable and wickedly charming there, I couldn't help but listen to the song again. I repeatedly listened to it and before I knew I grew to love it! I fell in love with almost all of the Blur songs. It took me days and a couple of weeks to truly develop my love for Blur and by the time I was going back for the start of the new semester I had already developed a deep love for Blur.
Gorgeous Damon Albarn and his gorgeous blue eyes!
Damon again! He's so cuuuute!!!
Clockwise: Dave Rowntree at the top middle, Graham Coxon, Damon Albarn and Alex James
Damon Albarn started it all. I googled him and Blur countless times. I would save his pictures and Blur's too of course and then also would try to listen to Oasis their rival way back when they were at the height of popularity. I found out Albarn had written almost all of the songs on Blur as well as the songs in Gorillaz, the virtual band that I had been quite a fan of as well. It sparked an interest in all things concerning with Britpop. I tried a little bit of Elastica as well but since the frontwoman was Justine Frischmann and she was Albarn's then girlfriend and she was also dead ugly to boot, I couldn't really fall in love with the band much. I did love one song from them and it's called Connection. Very good song that and with a terribly clever message. I started to immerse myself with Britpop and a day will not go by where I don't get to listen to a bit of Blur.
Elastica in all their Elastica glory.
Justine Frishmann, the then girlfriend of Damon Albarn who used to be with Brett Anderson before she went for Albarn. Told you she was dead fugly!
Last night, I decided I had to give a little bit more focus on other Britpop bands, ones that I haven't yet even looked at. I tried Suede last night and guess what? It's fucking fantastic! I love them! Suede is just so bloody wicked! And the frontman Brett Anderson is just so ugly-hot and androgynous looking that I do feel a slight tingle somewhere down the pit of my stomach every time I gaze into his soulful eyes and listen to his high yodeling voice. He has a very unique voice and his lyrics are quite intelligent as well.
Suede is so suave.
So far, I have been very into Suede and next one that I'm going to give a chance would be Pulp. I hope they're good. I heard some mixed criticism from the people who comment on Youtube but everyone on Youtube is so fucking biased! How can some of the Oasis fans claim that Blur is just trash and not at all good? Blur is fucking fabulous, amazing, awesome and just so wicked cool! They are creative, meaningful, intelligent, charming, humorous, and daring in more ways than one! The fact that they are brave enough to keep trying to change their sound is so cool to me. Every album sounds different and you never get bored listening to their albums as one song sounds different after another. I do think Oasis rocks too! I especially like Liam Gallagher's raspy, gritty vocals. It's very sensual and attractive though I can't say much for his looks. I don't think he's good looking but he does have that rugged bad boy appeal that so many women dig and love.
Liam Gallagher and his bad boy rugged looks.
Oasis with Liam Gallagher in the middle with the shades on and Noel Gallagher, his brother on the left. IDK who else were in the band.
I wish I could somehow go back in time just so I could witness the 90s Britpop scene with my own two eyes! I would probably go to London and try to get to take pictures of Damon Albarn and his band Blur. I'd probably thrust my breasts at him the way he said so many 16 year olds do. Hahaha. Just kidding about that! No, I wouldn't be as outrageous as that but I will ask for their autographs and a picture or two! They are just so amazing!
The problem with being into the thing of the past is that no one else around you is into it as well. Or if they've heard of the bands you're talking about, they barely know them and are not as interested to talk about such things as they would be if it were Bieber, that retarded kid who sounds like a girl and looks like he's 3 or Taylor Swift or any other stupid tweeny bopper. No one really listens to what I want to say... And I don't even bother trying because I know no one really bothers. It is so fucking retarded how people can want to listen to stupid trashy music like Justin Bieber, Rihanna, Lady Gaga and her clone Katy Perry and all the other lowest common denominator media machine out there but not bother about real music. I have begun to hate anything to do with Glee, The X Factor and all the other stupid reality TV shows as all they do is take the soul out of real music. It's very sad.
Well, in case this blog post somehow or other piqued someone's interest in Britpop please do go check it out! Here are some links that could help you get started:
For a guide on the history of Britpop: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britpop
For a list of the bands of Britpop: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Britpop_musicians
Blur's Girls and Boys, the video that started it all for me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDswiT87oo8&ob=av2e
Blur's The Universal (WAJIB tengok!!!): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrbxWOMpwfs&ob=av2e
Elastica - Connection: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilKcXIFi-Rc
Suede - The Beautiful Ones: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqovGKdgAXY
Oasis - Stand By Me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maTP315XZCQ&ob=av2e
Posted by Sparrow_Wing at 8:54 PM
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Michael Fassbender...Three words: He's effin' GORGEOUS!!! I think I fell in love with him all over again when I watched X-Men First Class today at the movies. The movie? To put it bluntly, it was AWESOME! The movie is just very good as it has a great plot and good character development. Also, we get to be introduced to plenty of new interesting mutants we've never had the pleasure to witness before from all the previous X-Men stuff.
Anyway, the movie aside, let's get down to what we really want to talk about; Michael Fassbender. He plays Magneto or Erik Lensherr (sp?) in this movie and he is just so fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-iayayayane! But I've always loved him starting from the 300 days...OMG, he was just so marvelously epic in that movie, I think I damn well felt my panties melt when I first laid eyes on his beautifully sculptured adonis' body. Well, you would've known that if you'd paid any attention to one of my first blog posts (his pic as Stelios was in it).
Well, here are the pictures! XD Enjoy!
Just a photo of him! He's just so mighty fine!
Another pic although I think this was way back when he did that TV show about witches and demons and shit. I think his name was Azazael in that show. But WHATEVER! He's damn gorgeous and that's all that counts!
Another shot of this smexy man!
And my personal favorite: Stelios from 300!
Dang! He was so sexy in that!
Another Stelios pic! I turned this into my wallpaper! XD
Well, that's it for now. I do think everyone should go watch X-Men First Class though! Even critiques have found it to be awesome! Go go go!~
Posted by Sparrow_Wing at 7:51 AM
Sunday, May 22, 2011
So okay, it has already been over 3 weeks since I have started my intersession. For those of you are wondering what it is, it's just basically me taking a course for next semester and doing it in the holidays. The course I'm taking is Economics.
I think Economics has been pretty interesting so far. I am still able to understand what is being taught and guess what? I am actually REVISING and STUDYING nowadays! Have you ever heard of that before??? I am not known for studying or for revising stuff. I'm a lazy bum who will never want to touch an educational book even if my life depended on it...Well, okay I do study but it's only ever last minute stuff. I don't do it just for fun! Uh, hello! Like, never!
I will NEVER be like this guy over here
unless it's the finals...
When you're doing this whole intersession thing, I guess it's fair to warn you that please if you have any hope at all about meeting cute guys in your class(es) just abandon those hopes. It's not gonna happen. The boys that you'll see are probably the ones from your course. Go figure.
No, there will be no Ian Somerhalders lying about anywhere near while you're doing you're
And most certainly NO Alex Pettyfers as well.
Nope, NOT gonna happen. :)
And let's not even start on James Franco. Sigh.
Besides this, it is probably good to warn you that most shops and stores you are familiar with are not going to be open when everyone else is having their holidays. So it's best if you prepare a list of places where you can get some grub that won't be closing at all even if it's the semester's break.
And by grub, I only mean yummy looking stuff like Char Kuey Teow. ;)
Oh God, I think I just died and went to food heaven!
Nasi Goreng!!! Most favorite dish to order at sec 2.
It is also going to get verrrrryy lonely. I knew this was gonna happen of course. I mean, everyone else has gone off to have fun somewhere! Happily jumping about everywhere! I knew this, but it just never cease to AMAZE me how quiet the very busy UiTM can be! I kept commenting on it and I think I pretty much annoyed some people in the process!
Make sure you have reliable internet connection, books, mangas, animes, your laptop, and other entertainment things to keep you company. Since I only took one class for the intersession, we only attend class in the morning from 11am to 2pm (ha! 2PM, fave k-pop band) and the rest of the day we are FREE! FREEDOM!~ FREEDOM!~ FREEDOM!~ Gotta give what you take!~
-__- *ignore my bad singing*
Okay, so basically those are all the things I feel are interesting enough to report here. So if ever you wanna do the intersession thingie, I say go for it and be prepared for all of the above things. :)
Posted by Sparrow_Wing at 2:49 AM
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Admittedly, they are pretty but it's gonna get dirty anyway so why bother?
There have been several very stupid ads lately here in Malaysia...No, make that plenty of stupid ads. These commercials that have aired on our local tv have been so horrendously bad that I am beginning to think that is physically impossible for us to produce good advertisements. There is just something very wrong with the way we market our products and services. Only a very small percentage ever really make sense.
One particularly BAD ad that has been floating around on my mind is the new Kotex pads ad! It is the most stupid thing on earth!
The ad starts out with three friends, all girls of course, walking around a shopping mall looking at things and admiring them. These girls look at a wedding dress and of course it's white because it's a wedding dress -DUH! But apparently, this does not satisfy them. Instead, they are thinking "There's something wrong with this picture...But what is it?" And then they go to a bakery or something like that and see all these pretty cakes and stuff but they're all white too. Once again, they have that same unsatisfied look splashed across their faces. Oh, and before all that, they walked out some place and found and old man selling some 'kacang putih'.
Apparently, the white cakes and pastries just seemed to be the last straw for the ring leader and she simply had to do something about it. She whipped out the new Kotex pads with -and this is the best part- flower patterns sprinkled all over the pad!! Flower patterns, I tell you! FLOWERS! On pads!!! Whatever the hell for? My housemates/ classmates were all going "WTH? Why would anyone get bored at looking at wedding dresses that are white? They're wedding dresses, for god's sake! And why do we need flowers on our pads?? You bleed on it anyway! No purpose whatsoever!"
Regardless of the sheer stupidity of the ad, my friends and I resolved to find a better commercial that would introduce Malaysian women to a whole new concept of wearing flowers on the pads.
And gave up! The concept's too dumb that trying to help it succeed was fatal from the very beginning. Meh. Well, I figured we should try at least, seeing as we were English language students and could go into broadcasting or advertising if we so desired. Local ads aside, please check out some cool ads from the US and other countries like:
Jack-In-The-Box fries fight ad:
Visa Mastercard ad:
And the best, last but DEFINITELY not least, US Kotex ad:
Posted by Sparrow_Wing at 9:47 AM
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Katanagatari and its beautiful art.
This is just the novel cover though.
So I finished watching Katanagatari and I seriously think it's a great anime. The incompetent fool who wrote the subtitles to my video, however, got a lot of things messed up so I'm thinking of downloading better subtitles and then re-watching it.
Katanagatari is great because:
1. It is quite refreshing and original. I get it that the concept of using 'human swords' are not unheard of even if they are rare but the plot line is pretty upbeat and I rarely find myself yawning when I watch an episode. One reviewer said that he thought Katanagatari was more of a character development kind of anime instead of being called 'action'. I beg to differ. Certainly the anime delves deep into character development (Shichika from a complete emotion-less tool to a human sword who's brain can comprehend a house that's gaudy and laugh at it) but there is plenty of action as well! Each anime has action scenes in it so I wouldn't call it an anime whose sole purpose was to look at how the characters blossom. It's part of it, yes, but so's it a pat of the action.
Shichika and Togame.
2. Character designs!~ They are beautiful! I still pretty much dislike Togame but she got a bit bearable towards her death (SPOILER ALERT!). Her clothes still sucked though. I thought hers was the ugliest piece of sh*t ever but the Maniwa Corps sucked @ss too. HOWEVER, Shichika's design is attractive, masculine with a touch of feminine and suitable for his Kyoutoryuu style of fighting. He was what got me interested in the anime in the first place! XD Uneri Ginkaku was a wicked cool too. Simple, dark and gloomy, with the black and white hair to boot! Lol. He was rather fine in a dark mysterious way. Sabi Hakuhei was cool too. Something about him screams 'SNOW!' Well, anyway, he's your resident pretty white haired boy so go figure. They're always awesome as in @.@ & o.O and cool as in -___- and super duper strong like @+@. Wish I saw more of him though...
Doesn't he just look so wicked cool?
3. ACTION! The fighting scenes are EPIC! And I loved how this anime doesn't just show people hack each other up with cool flashy moves but don't tell us viewers what the heck just happened. This one actually explains to us the nature of a person's techniques ie. :- Shichika: swordless, uses arms & legs as swords; Ginkaku: drawing sword technique, super fast at the speed of light; Nanami: Ill girl because she's too strong and that learning techniques literally makes her WEAKER! Yep, go figure...; etc, etc.
I'll say this, the only reason which pisses me off about Katanagatari is the fight that was never seen;
Sabi Hakuhei vs Yasuri Shichika!
Glimpses of it was awesome though.
Also, it's very interesting to watch the Kyoutoryuu in action as well as adrenaline pumping. Meisai's sword technique was fascinating to watch too. I don't think I've ever seen a technique like hers before even tho I've toyed of the concept for some time. Ginkaku is just wicked! I've always had a fascination for sword drawers! Kenshin, anyone??? I think he and Sabi are my new anime crushes! They're so wickedly AWESOME!!! Kyaaaa!~~ Fangirl cry!
Yasuri Shichika in one of the Kyoutoryuu stances.
4. Character Development: It is surprisingly good. I was seriously praying that this anime was good while I was downloading it. I was so hoping it wasn't one of those stupidly boring animes which were supposed to be swords and fights and romance but instead got sidetracked with displaying a bunch of pretty boys holding katanas, drinking tea and looking cool all day long (Peacemaker Kurogane, pops in my mind right now). Thank god, it wasn't! Now let's look at how the characters blossom:
Yasuri Shichika: From an emotionless retard with no human social skills whatsoever, the dude seemed to grow a bit of humanity throughout the series. I was glad that by the time he met Konayuki, he had grown some empathy and sympathy for her loss as well as his reluctance to do her any real harm. I was seriously growing to like him by then. He also developed in the sense that; before, he was certainly willing to take life just for the fact that he was 'Togame's sword' but actually even felt a bit...dare I say it, guilty, I guess, at killing Meisai, Ginkaku, Sabi and Koumori at the end of the series. When that Holy-man whatshisname asked him "why do you fight?" and told him it was no small deal killing people, bro; dude finally got some clue about what he'd done. He didn't regret those killings, but, he finally understood why he does those things for Togame, why loved her and how that love drives him to do her biding "willingly" as before that, he was just a puppet with no real emotions.
Yasuri Shichika in extremely serious mode.
I think this was how he looked like after Togame died.
11 year old Itezora Konayuki with the Herculean strength and she was the weakest in her clan.
Togame: Pure hatred towards this bitch for the whole time of the series until I finally reached the episode with that Zanki Kiguchi girl. I just thought she was quite cute when she got all jealous of Zanki and Shichika. It was kinda sweet too when she thought she saw them kissing and later on cried. Haha! I guess, I prefer her more with short hair. Also, when they met that Holy-man dude, I cried for her! Poor girl! Her dad's head getting chopped off like that in front of her very eyes and her dad being a pretty boy was a plus too. Meh. I felt sorry for her. Her chracter seriously grew and changed and I really liked that about her. DESPITE this, I still harbor some irritation towards her...Sigh.
Why do you hate me so, Lily-chan?
Lily: I hate you because you're just a total heartless skank but that seemed to evaporate a bit by episode 8 and beyond...Still, you are VERY annoying.
Maniwa Corps: Wish they'd delve a bit more for these guys. I seriously thought Chouchou and his smexy big boobed babe had a story to be explored but, alas, there wasn't. Huou was pretty cool ('cept for the design) but he wasn't looked into either. Not much you know about them but they're ugly to look at anyway so, meh, just die already!
The Maniwa Corps. A group of ninja wearing bright colors with animal themes.
And get this, they belong in special squads too like the beast squad, fish squad and insect squad.
Characters were quite memorable *some* but the designs were pretty whacked.
Who's ever heard of brightly dressed up ninjas?
Yasuri Nanami: I suspected that this chick had some spikes to her when in the first episode, Shichika told her he'd created a new technique and that he wanted her to see. Also, when Koumori launched an attack of kunais, she pushed Togame and numskull Shichika out of the way. No ordinary chick would've known that a bunch of kunais were flying your wayif you weren't somewhat experienced in combat, right? And lo and behold, Nanami, ill girl with thin arms and legs that can barely hold up, who's soft and gentle demeanor depicts that of a weakling, is actually only an ill girl because her body is too strong for her to contain it in the first place! She is shockingly powerful and frightening when she is in combat. She has the freaky ability to observe people's techniques and then master it upon second observation. Nanami, is seriously whacked in the head though! You do not want to face her as an opponent when she's got that psycho grin on her face! No scratch that! You don't want to face her as an opponent AT ALL! Her character development isn't that deep but since she is extremely surprising, she gets gold stars for that! Yay, Nanami!
Yasuri Nanami. Very scary older sister. I think she might have even harbored some incestuous love for her bro...IDK. Just my opinion. I mean, it's not unheard of in Japanese anime, right?
All of these underlying themes...T__T Meh.
Princess Hitei: Insignificant bitch. I really don't care for her much.
Princess Hitei who seemed to have a HUGE love for pink roses.
She accompanied Shichika in his travels after the series reached its end.
Maybe they'll end up together...IDK.
Enmonzaemon: I think his clothes are lame but he'd be interesting to draw. Hahaha! Techniques and stuff didn't really move me. They should've shed some history on this fellow.
Enmonzaemon. When first saw him fight Shichika in the AMV I watched, I thought he was a girl.
That slim figure did got me to wonder what gender he really was.
And I went on a rampage to find this anime then.
Well, the character development mostly focuses on the two main characters so I guess that leaves nil room for the others to develop...sigh.
Anyway, yes, Katanagatari is seriously an awesome anime! I looooooooove it to death right now! I am currently in need to find a replacement anime for the void I feel but at the same time am too high on Katanagatari. I need swords and sword fighting in the anime! Lots of them! Maybe I'll try Samaurai Champloo soon...We'll see.
Well, that's it then.
Posted by Sparrow_Wing at 12:44 AM